Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 00:35:25 -0500

017 
ATHW40 PHFO 250535
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT SEP 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC SEPTEMBER 25 2010

AN AREA OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS ALMOST PAST THE CENTRAL ISLANDS AT 
SUNSET. THE BULK OF THE CLOUDS NOW RESIDE OVER THE LEEWARD WATERS OF 
OAHU TO MAUI. THEY GAVE THE CENTRAL ISLANDS SOME SPOTTY SHOWERS 
EARLIER TODAY. THEY CONTINUE TO MOVE SOUTHWEST... FURTHER AWAY FROM 
THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. IN ITS WAKE...LOW CLOUD COVERAGE HAS 
DIMINISHED TO SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN. THE BROKEN COVERAGE 
PERTAINS TO THE WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS. 
THE KONA DISTRICT AND ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS OF THE BIG ISLAND 
SOUTH OF KONA IS HEAVILY OVERCAST THIS PAST HOUR. ELSEWHERE OF THE 
BIG ISLAND...THE SLOPES ABOVE HILO...THE PUNA DISTRICT AND THE KAU 
SLOPES ARE GENERALLY CLOUDY AS WELL. SOME OF THESE CLOUDS HAVE 
SPREAD INTO THE ADJACENT WATERS SOUTH AND WEST OF KILAUEA VOLCANO TO 
SOUTH POINT. THE REST OF THE BIG ISLAND IS GENERALLY FAIR.

WEATHER RADAR LOOP IS DETECTING WIDELY DISPERSED SHOWERS MOVING 
ACROSS THE WINDWARD WATERS. MANY WOULD DISSIPATE UPON REACHING THE 
WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS. NO SHOWERS ARE 
DETECTED OVER THE LEEWARD WATERS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS...AND THERE 
ARE NO ORGANIZED LOW CLOUDS WITHIN 300 MILES UPWIND OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE LOW LEVEL WIND FLOW IS FROM EAST TO WEST 
ACROSS THE WINDWARD WATERS AND NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST OVER THE 
LEEWARD WATERS...BLOWING AT 15 TO 20 MPH.

ABOUT 670 MILE SOUTHWEST OF OAHU...IS A SMALL CLUSTER OF 
THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH A LOW. A SHORT DISTANCE TO THE 
SOUTHEAST OF THE LOW...IS A 300 MILE WIDE BAND OF CLOUDS WITH 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. THIS BAND MARKS THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE /ITCZ/ WHICH EXTENDS FROM 08N160W TO 08N140W.

$$
LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.