Subject: Pacific-NW: Satellite Weather Bulletin

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 04:23:33 -0500

611 
TXPN28 KNES 250922
SIMWIR

A.  13W (MALAKAS)

B.  25/0832Z

C.  37.6N

D.  147.1E

E.  THREE/MTSAT

F.  EXTRATROPICAL

G.  IR/EIR/SWIR/TMI/SSMIS

H.  REMARKS...PBO RECENT MICROWAVE DATA. CIMSS AMSU HOMEPAGE DEPICTS
LOSS OF WARM CORE AT 100MB IN 0438Z AMSU DATA ALTHOUGH WARM CORE WAS
STILL INTACT AT 200MB AT THAT TIME.  SUBSEQUENT MICROWAVE IMAGERY SHOWED
CONTINUED LOSS OF ICE RETURN NEAR CENTER AT 85-91GHZ DATA.  THESE FACTORS
SUGGEST THAT EXTRATROPICAL TRANSITION IS UNDERWAY AND THIS WILL BE THE
FINAL BULLETIN.

I.  ADDL POSITIONS

    25/0526Z 36.3N 145.7E TMI
    25/0658Z 36.9N 146.4E SSMIS
    25/0807Z 37.5N 147.0E SSMIS

...TURK

=

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.