Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 07:35:18 -0500

499 
ATHW40 PHFO 251235
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT SEP 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 25 2010

THE TRADE WIND SHOWERS HAVE STEPPED UP DURING THE PAST 8 HOURS. 
THOUGH LOW CLOUD COVERAGE IS SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN ACROSS THE 
ISLANDS WINDWARD WATERS...THEY ARE ALL CARRYING SHOWERS. WEATHER 
RADAR SHOWS THEM MOVING FROM EAST TO WEST WITH THE TRADE WIND FLOW 
AT 15 TO 20 MPH. THE WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN AREAS OF ALL THE MAJOR 
ISLANDS ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING PASSING SCATTERED SHOWERS. FOR 
THE SMALLER ISLANDS...A FEW OF THE SHOWERS WOULD MANAGE TO SURVIVE 
THE TRIP OVER THE MOUNTAINS AND END UP OVER THE LEEWARD SECTIONS. TO 
THE CONTRARY...THE LEEWARD WATERS ARE ALMOST SHOWER/FREE. AS FOR THE 
BIG ISLAND...THE CONVECTIVE CLOUDS OF FRIDAY AFTERNOON IS FINALLY 
DISSIPATING ACROSS THE KONA DISTRICT AND ADJACENT WATERS. WEATHER 
RADAR IS STILL SHOWING A COUPLE OF HOLD OVER SHOWERS ALONG THE 
SHORELINE BETWEEN KAILUA KONA AND CAPTAIN COOK. OTHERWISE...SKIES 
ARE FAIR OVER THE KAU SLOPES...THE KAMUELA AND LEEWARD KOHALA AREAS.

SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A BIT MORE ORGANIZE CLUMP OF SHOWER BEARING 
CLOUDS UPWIND OF MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND. SHOULD THESE AREAS HOLD 
TOGETHER...THEY WILL GIVE SOME OF THE ISLANDS A FEW SHOWERS LATER 
TODAY. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LOW OR A DEEP TROUGH JUST EAST AT 
OF THE BIG ISLAND AT 21N152W MOVING WEST 15 MPH. 

A WEAK LOW ABOUT 700 MILE SOUTHWEST OF OAHU NEAR 12N164W IS MUCH 
WEAKER NOW THAT THE DEEP CONVECTION HAS JUST ABOUT COLLAPSED 
LEAVING A COUPLE OF SMALL CELL IN ITS WAKE. THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE /ITCZ/ IS RELATIVELY QUITE WITH A COUPLE OF SMALL 
CLUSTERS OF THUNDERSTORMS. THE ITCZ IS STILL 300 MILES WIDE 
EXTENDING FROM 08N140W TO 08N160W TO 05N170W.

$$
LAU

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.