Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:03:02 -0500

516 
FZPN01 KWBC 260402
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN SEP 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 46N160W 970 MB MOVING SE 40 KT AND INTENSIFYING WILL TURN 
MORE E IN 18 HOURS. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 55 TO 65 KT. 
SEAS 23 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W AND S QUADRANTS 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM S AND 
780 NM W AND 540 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N144W 972 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 22 TO 34 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM W AND 600 NM S AND 540 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N139W 984 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 360 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.EXTRATROPICAL LOW MALAKAS W OF AREA 44N154E 962 MB MOVING NE 30 
KT. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 55 TO 70 KT. SEAS 25 TO 46 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S AND 480 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 
55 KT. SEAS 17 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 720 NM S AND 660 NM E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N166E 965 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N177W 970 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 660 NM S AND 480 
NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 58N146W 972 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. 300 NM SE AND 180 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N145W 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 180 NM 
W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N139W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 52N BETWEEN 162W AND 174W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 53N BETWEEN 154W AND 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N139W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N W OF 172E NE WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 130W AND FROM 41N TO 44N W OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 170W AND 
170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 125W AND 
132W AND FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 150W AND 165W. 

.HIGH 32N133W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N132W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N131W 1018 MB. 

.HIGH 35N176E 1026 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N177E 1024 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N178W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N178W 1028 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N164E 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN SEP 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON SEP 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE SEP 28.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.LOW...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...15N108W 1007 MB. WITHIN 60 NM 
OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...16N107W 1007 
MB. LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...17N108W 1008 
MB. WITHIN 60 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 92W AND 105W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 110W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT...HIGHEST S OF COSTA RICA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 86W AND 110W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 125W AND 132W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N136W TO 27N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N128W TO 22N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N116W TO 11N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN SEP 26...

LOW PRES 16N108W...SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 
NM W SEMICIRCLE. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 12N TO 14N BETWEEN 94W 
AND 96W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...08N85W TO 09N99W TO 09N117W TO 
12N128W TO 12N135W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 87W AND 104W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.