Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 00:48:40 -0500

941 
ATHW40 PHFO 260548
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SUN SEP 26 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC SEPTEMBER 26 2010

SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE HAS BEEN PUSHED SOUTH 
OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS SUCH THAT THE WESTERN LIMB OF THE RIDGE LIES 
JUST EAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS EVENING. FLOW AT LOW 
CLOUD LEVEL IS SLUGGISH ACROSS THE ISLANDS...MAINLY TOWARD THE WEST 
AT 10 MPH OR LESS. SKIES ACROSS KAUAI AND OAHU HAVE SCATTERED LOW 
CLOUDS TO CLEAR SKIES. MOLOKAI HAS BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS ITS 
EASTERN THIRD WHILE MAUI HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ACROSS 
WINDWARD HALEAKALA SLOPES AND ACROSS WINDWARD WEST SLOPES. CLOUD 
COVER IS A BIT MORE EXTENSIVE ACROSS THE BIG ISLAND...WHERE BROKEN 
TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER ALL WINDWARD SLOPES AS WELL AS KONA 
SLOPES FROM MILOLII TO KAILUA-KONA. 

A RAGGED 120 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXTENDS NORTH AND 
WEST OF A LINE FROM 35N140W TO 31N150W TO 24N164W TO 26N173W. 
MARKING AN OLD FRONTAL BOUNDARY...THIS CLOUD BAND IS MOVING TOWARD 
THE EAST SLOWLY NEAR 140W BUT IS NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. BROKEN 
STABLE LOW CLOUDS LIE NORTH OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 15N145W TO 
19N154W AND SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 22N154W. ELEMENTS OF 
THIS CLOUD AREA BREAK AWAY FROM TIME TO TIME AND AFFECT THE EASTERN 
ISLANDS. 

TO THE SOUTH...BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED 
CUMULONIMBUS...CB...LIE WITHIN A RAGGED 120 MILE WIDE BAND NORTH OF 
A LINE FROM 05N140W TO 03N165W TO 06N175W TO 10N180W. A WEAK 
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 11N169W HAS ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 MILES 
NORTH THROUGH WEST OF CENTER. THIS DISTURBANCE IS MOVING TOWARD THE 
WEST AT ABOUT 20 MPH.

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.