Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 05:10:09 -0500

765 
FZPN01 KWBC 261009
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN SEP 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 45N156W 968 MB MOVING SE 30 KT WILL TURN MORE E IN 12 
HOURS. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 55 TO 65 KT. SEAS 25 TO 
33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM W AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 840 NM S AND 780 NM W AND 540 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N143W 975 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 21 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM W AND 600 NM S AND 540 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N136W 990 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 300 NM 
E QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.EXTRATROPICAL LOW MALAKAS W OF AREA 46N156E 958 MB MOVING NE 25 
KT. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 23 TO 43 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM S AND 480 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 720 NM S AND 660 NM E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N169E 970 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N177W 975 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 660 NM S AND 480 
NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N143W 976 MB MOVING E 10 KT WILL TURN MORE NE IN 12 
HOURS. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N143W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 52N BETWEEN 162W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 53N BETWEEN 154W AND 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N143W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N W OF 172E NE WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 40N W OF 165E E WINDS TO 26 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 44N W 
OF 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 125W AND 
130W AND 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 170W AND 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 125W AND 
132W. 

.HIGH 32N133W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N132W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N131W 1018 MB. 

.HIGH 38N146E 1028 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N177W 1029 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N173W 1027 MB.

.HIGH 42N179W 1028 MB MOVING SW 10 KT.
.24 HIGH FORECAST HIGH TO MERGE WITH HIGH 38N177W MENTIONED 
ABOVE. 

.HIGH 34N180W 1028 MB WILL MOVE E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.36 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N160E 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N167E 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN SEP 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON SEP 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE SEP 28.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...15N108W 1007 MB. WITHIN 
60 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...16N107W 
1007 MB. LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...17N108W 
1008 MB. WITHIN 60 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 05N TO 10N E OF 105W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 12N E OF 105W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT...HIGHEST S OF COSTA RICA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 12N E OF 105W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N136W TO 27N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N128W TO 22N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N116W TO 11N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN SEP 26...

AREA OF MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION FROM 12N TO 14N BETWEEN 
95W AND 99W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...08N85W TO 09N99W TO 09N112W TO 
12N127W TO 10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION IS NOTED.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.