Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:52:13 -0500

082 
ATHW40 PHFO 261251
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SUN SEP 26 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 26 2010

SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS THE SUBTROPICAL RIDGE HAS BEEN PUSHED SOUTH 
OVER THE PAST 24 TO 36 HOURS SUCH THAT THE WESTERN LIMB OF THE RIDGE 
LIES JUST EAST OF THE ISLAND OF KAUAI IN MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLAND CHAIN 
THIS MORNING. FLOW AT LOW CLOUD LEVEL IS SLUGGISH ACROSS THE 
ISLANDS...MAINLY TOWARD THE WEST AT 10 MPH OR LESS. SKIES ACROSS THE 
LEEWARD HALF OF KAUAI AND ALL OF OAHU ARE CLEAR OR HAVE SCATTERED 
LOW CLOUDS...WITH SCATTERED TO PATCHY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS NOTED ACROSS 
THE WINDWARD HALF OF KAUAI. MOLOKAI HAS BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS ITS 
EASTERN THIRD. MAUI AND LANAI APPEAR TO HAVE SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS TO 
CLEAR SKIES. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS DOT SKIES ACROSS 
WINDWARD BIG ISLAND SLOPES SOUTH OF LAUPAHOEHOE...WRAPPING SOUTHWEST 
ALONG PUNA SLOPES TOWARD VOLCANO. THE LEEWARD SLOPES OF THE BIG 
ISLAND HAVE CLEARED SIGNIFICANTLY SINCE LAST EVENING...WITH 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS TO CLEAR SKIES NOTED. THE BIG ISLAND PLUME 
EXTENDS WEST FROM A POINT JUST OFFSHORE FROM MILOLII.  

A RAGGED 120 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXTENDS NORTH AND 
WEST OF A LINE FROM 35N140W TO 30N150W TO 23N165W TO 26N173W. 
MARKING AN OLD FRONTAL BOUNDARY...THIS CLOUD BAND IS MOVING TOWARD 
THE EAST SLOWLY NEAR 140W BUT IS NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. BROKEN 
STABLE LOW CLOUDS LIE NORTH OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 15N152W TO 
JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 
24N151W TO JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. ELEMENTS OF THIS CLOUD AREA 
BREAK AWAY FROM TIME TO TIME AND AFFECT WINDWARD PORTIONS OF MAUI 
AND THE BIG ISLAND...THEN SLIP WEST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN WITHIN THE 
BIG ISLAND PLUME. 

TO THE SOUTH...BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND ISOLATED 
CUMULONIMBUS...CB...LIE WITHIN A RAGGED 120 MILE WIDE BAND NORTH OF 
A LINE FROM 05N140W TO 03N165W TO 06N175W TO 10N180W. A WEAK 
TROPICAL DISTURBANCE NEAR 10N171W HAS ISOLATED CB WITHIN 90 MILES 
NORTH THROUGH WEST OF CENTER. THIS DISTURBANCE IS MOVING TOWARD THE 
SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 20 MPH.

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.