Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:34:21 -0500

988 
ATPQ40 PGUM 261533
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST MON SEP 27 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED SOUTH OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 20N154E. 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT NEAR THE LOW WITHIN 110 MILES OF 
A LINE FROM 16N152E TO 19N158E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHWARD FROM 5N139E THROUGH A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED JUST NORTHEAST OF YAP AT 11N139E TO 21N140E AND 
TURNS NORTHEASTWARD TO BEYOND 25N AT 142E. WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE TROUGH OVER KOROR 
WITH 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N134E TO 10N137E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
ARE FOUND EAST OF IWO TO ISLAND OR NORTH OF A LINE FROM 23N145E TO 
23N151E. CONVERGING WINDS EAST OF THE CIRCULATION ARE CAUSING WIDELY 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER GUAM BUT JUST NORTH 
OF YAP WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 13N137E TO 11N150E.

ANOTHER WEAK CIRCULATION IS CENTERED JUST NORTHEAST OF CHUUK AT 
9N153E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN IN THE VICINITY OF THIS FEATURE 
JUST SOUTH AND EAST OF CHUUK WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N145E 
TO 7N154E TO 11N154E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER POHNPEI AND THE MARSHALL ISLANDS BETWEEN 6N AND 
12N FROM 156E TO 173E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.