Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:45:41 -0500

727 
FZPN40 PHFO 261645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN SEP 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 26N161W BECOMING STATIONARY.  A 
FRONT N OF 30N WILL MOVE S INTO FORECAST WATERS AND MERGE WITH THE 
WEAKENING FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 23N166W WILL BEGIN TO 
ACCELERATE E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 27N150W TO 27N160W.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 12N168W TO 09N169W TO 06N174W MOVING W 10 KT. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 25N151W TO 25N160W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 24N160W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N170W TO 22N150W TO 27N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 148W AND 167W.  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 10N170W TO 17N140W.  SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 30N165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N154W TO 
26N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
129N167W TO 00S164W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N155W TO 09N164W...ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 OF THE ITCZ MAINLY W OF 155W.  SECOND ITCZ SEGMENT FROM 
12N174E TO 08N160E...ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 12N W 
OF 172E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.