Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:44:28 -0500

109 
FZPN40 PHFO 262243 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN SEP 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 30N152W TO 26N160W TO 24N168W TO 25N173W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING TROUGH FROM 25N160W TO 21N173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.FRONT JUST N OF FORECAST WATERS MOVING SSE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGING WITH N PORTION OF TROUGH DESCRIBED 
ABOVE...AND EXTENDING FROM 30N148W TO 28N158W TO 27N180W. NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM N OF FRONT W OF 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 27N151W TO 26N168W TO 
24N179W. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 120 
NM N OF FRONT E OF 166W.

.TROUGH FROM 13N167W TO 06N174W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TO 
LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N172W TO 08N175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N174W TO 08N179W.

.TROUGH FROM 11N157W TO 08N164W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N161W TO 09N164W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N162W TO 10N164W.

.TROUGH FROM 15N171E TO 07N169E MOVING W SLOWLY. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 05N TO 14N W OF 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATER N 
OF 26N BETWEEN 180W AND 170E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 27N148W TO 24N158W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 146W AND 158W...AND IN 
AREA N OF 27N E OF 146W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 20N BETWEEN 
158W AND 170W...ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 21N BETWEEN 145W AND 158W... 
AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 24N E OF 145W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 147W AND 
167W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W... 
ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 12N E OF 152W...ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 21N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 161W...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 161W 
AND 167W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 20N BETWEEN 157W AND 
167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 24N E OF 155W. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE IN AREA E OF 167W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 
25N BETWEEN 167W AND 165W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED TO LOCALLY SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 178E AND 172E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 10N155W...ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 
NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.