Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 21:54:24 -0500

995 
ATPQ40 PGUM 270253
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON SEP 27 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH BETWEEN PALAU AND YAP EXTENDS NORTHWARD FROM 5N134E 
TO 12N136E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
NEAR THE TROUGH BETWEEN 4N AND 8N FROM 130E TO 140E...INCLUDING 
PALAU.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER GUAM AND 
ROTA...AND TO THE SOUTH AND WEST OF THE MARIANAS BETWEEN 10N AND 15N 
FROM 139E TO 147E.

A WEAK CIRCULATION IS CENTERED JUST NORTH OF CHUUK AT 10N152E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 
10N150E TO 4N150E TO 4N154E TO 10N157E BACK TO 10N150E...INCLUDING 
CHUUK.

A TROUGH NORTH OF KOSRAE STRETCHES NORTHEAST FROM 7N162E TO 13N169E 
THEN TURNS NORTHWARD TO END NEAR 18N169E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NORTH OF KOSRAE AND NEAR KWAJALEIN 
WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 7N161E TO 5N164E TO 7N168E TO 
14N170E TO 12N161E BACK TO 7N161E.

ANOTHER TROUGH NORTHEAST OF THE MARSHALLS EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 
13N175E TO BEYOND 6N180. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND WITHIN 100 
MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED SOUTH OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 18N154E IS 
TRIGGERING A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 16N AND 19N FROM 153E TO 
157E...WHILE ANOTHER UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED NORTHEAST OF WAKE 
ISLAND AT 28N171E GENERATES SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS 
NORTH OF A LINE FROM 23N167E TO 24N175E.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.