Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 23:40:42 -0500

967 
FZPN40 PHFO 270440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON SEP 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 30N152W TO 25N162W TO 23N173W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING TROUGH FROM 25N160W TO 22N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 28N169W TO 30N177W MOVING S 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGING WITH N PORTION OF TROUGH DESCRIBED 
ABOVE...AND EXTENDING FROM 30N146W TO 26N155W TO 26N165W TO 26N177W. 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT BETWEEN 153W 
AND 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 26N150W TO 26N171W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.TROUGH FROM 11N160W TO 06N165W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 13N161W TO 09N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 15N162W TO 11N166W.

.TROUGH FROM 13N171W TO 04N174W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TO 
LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH S OF 10N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N173W TO 08N176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 13N176W TO 08N180E.

.TROUGH FROM 15N169E TO 07N169E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MOVED W OF AREA.

.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 25N BETWEEN 170W AND 166E.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 24N158W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 24N E OF 154W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 20N E OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 
18N BETWEEN 160W AND 169W...AND IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 162E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 144W AND 
170W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA S OF 25N E OF 153W...IN AREA FROM 22N 
TO 25N BETWEEN 153W AND 167W...IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 170W AND 
180E...AND IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 166E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 
09N TO 17N BETWEEN 157W AND 168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA E OF 164W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN AREA N OF 14N BETWEEN 164W AND 170W...AND IN AREA N OF 24N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 166W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 177E AND 169E... 
AND WITHIN 90 NM OF A POINT 26N173E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N157W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.