Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 05:45:42 -0500

763 
FZPN40 PHFO 271045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON SEP 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 27N166W TO 29N180W MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 26N150W TO 25N156W TO 
25N171W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT 
BETWEEN 155W AND 180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 26N146W TO 
23N155W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.TROUGH FROM 30N149W TO 25N159W NEARLY STATIONARY AND WILL MERGE 
WITH AFOREMENTIONED FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 05N176E TO 11N170W MOVING W SLOWLY. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS BETWEEN 11N AND TROUGH W OF 180E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM S AND 150 NM N OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 30N162E TO 27N160E MOVING W 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 24N156W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF A LINE FROM 29N174W TO 24N170E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 16N151W TO 30N172W. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N163E TO 28N160E. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 26N166W 19N156W 11N160W 11N175W 26N166W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 
25N150W TO 24N156W TO 27N165W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A 
LINE FROM 10N178W TO 18N163W TO 27N178E TO 30N177E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
N OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 23N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 20N E OF 165E...AND E OF 
A LINE FROM 00N165W TO 20N172W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 13N TO 22N W OF 173E...N OF 22N 
BETWEEN 166E AND 178E...AND FROM 26N TO 30N BETWEEN 176E AND 179E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 10N158W TO 12N166W AND FROM 09N160E TO 
08N176E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 169W AND 
150W...AND FROM 04 TO 13N W OF 170E.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.