Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:29:36 -0500

274 
ATPQ40 PGUM 271528
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST TUE SEP 28 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 2N130E THROUGH YAP AT 
10N138E TO END AT 14N139E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING WEST OF THE TROUGH OR NORTH OF PALAU 
WITHIN 95 MILES OF A LINE FROM 15N131E TO 10N133E. SIMILAR 
CONDITIONS ARE ALSO FOUND NEAR THE TROUGH AXIS JUST EAST OF YAP 
WITHIN 130 MILES OF A LINE FROM 13N139E TO 6N143E.

A WEAK CIRCULATION IS CENTERED JUST NORTH-NORTHWEST OF CHUUK AT 
10N151E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE SEEN NEAR THE 
CIRCULATION FROM WEST TO NORTHEAST OF CHUUK WITHIN 115 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 7N148E TO 11N156E.

CONVERGING TRADE WINDS ARE COMBINING WITH UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE TO 
PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS FROM NORTHWEST OF 
ENEWETAK ATOLL TO SOUTH OF WAKE ISLAND...OR WITHIN 145 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 16N156E TO 12N159E TO 17N168E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM NORTH OF MAJURO 
AT 12N172E TO BEYOND 180 AT 6N. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT NEAR 
THE TROUGH JUST EAST OF MAJURO BETWEEN 5N AND 9N FROM 172E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.