Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:45:43 -0500

297 
FZPN40 PHFO 271645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON SEP 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 26N165W TO 26N172W TO 27N180W. FRONT 
E OF 160W MOVING SE 10 KT. REST OF FRONT MOVING S SLOWLY. NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 26N148W TO 25N154W TO 
25N172W. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT 
BETWEEN 150W AND 180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 26N145W TO 
24N152W TO 25N165W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 05N177E TO 11N165W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 24N156W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF A LINE FROM 29N176W TO 22N170E TO 22N166E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N148W TO 28N159W TO 30N169W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 17N140W TO 14N150W TO 
30N176W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N165E TO 26N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 23N164W 17N155W 10N158W 10N176W 23N164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 
23N153W TO 26N161W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 
00N162W TO 20N170W TO 24N180W TO 30N180W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 26N 
W OF 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 20N E OF 164E...AND E OF 
A LINE FROM 00N164W TO 20N170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 174E...AND N OF 24N 
BETWEEN 167E AND 180E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 11N161W AND FROM 07N160E TO 07N176E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 162W AND 155W...FROM 08N TO 
12N BETWEEN 155W AND 145W...AND FROM 05N TO 10N W OF 176E.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.