Subject: Pacific-NW: Ampn/ref Is Tropical Cyclone Formation Alert (wtpn21 Pgtw 262030)//

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:22:18 -0500

WTPN21 PGTW 272030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT CANCELLATION//
REF/A/RMG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/262021ZSEP10//
AMPN/REF IS TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT (WTPN21 PGTW 262030)//
RMKS/
1. REMARKS: THIS CANCELS REF A. THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY
LOCATED NEAR 14.8N 107.7W IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 16.2N 106.1W,
APPROXIMATELY 195 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF MANZANILLO, MEXICO. ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY AND A 270458Z ASCAT PASS DEPICT A
WEAK (10 TO 15 KNOT) EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
WITH WEAK CONVECTION FLARING ALONG THE NORTHWESTERN PERIPHERY. UPPER
LEVEL ANALYSIS REVEALS THAT OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS INCREASED
EASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR, ASSOCIATED WITH AN ANTICYCLONE OVER
SOUTHERN MEXICO, HAS HINDERED FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF THE LLCC.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. DUE TO
THE UNFAVORABLE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT, THE SYSTEM IS NO LONGER
EXPECTED TO DEVELOP INTO A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE
NEXT 24 HOURS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.