Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:45:44 -0500

546 
FZPN40 PHFO 272245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON SEP 27 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 27 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 28 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 29 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 25N170W TO 26N180W. FRONT E OF 160W 
MOVING SE 10 KT. REST OF FRONT MOVING S SLOWLY. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 26N150W TO 25N165W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 25N150W TO 
25N165W. 

.TROUGH FROM 12N160W TO 10N173W TO 06N175E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 24N156W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 23N166E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N143W TO 24N154W TO 24N162W TO 
30N169W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 00N163W TO 
30N175E. ALSO SEAS 8 TO 10 FT W OF A LINE FROM 30N168E TO 22N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N170W TO 
20N178W TO 25N160E TO 30N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N170W TO 
17N180W TO 24N160E TO 30N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 24N BETWEEN 165E AND 172E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 10N156W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM 
OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.