Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:01:28 -0500

484 
ATPQ40 PGUM 280300
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST TUE SEP 28 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A WEAK CIRCULATION IS CENTERED WEST OF YAP NEAR 10N136E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND ACROSS A BROAD AREA 
WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 12N132E TO 7N146E...INCLUDING YAP 
AND KOROR. LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE SOUTH OF THE CIRCULATION IS 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTH OF KOROR WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 2N130E TO 6N136E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM THE MARIANAS TO CHUUK WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A 
LINE FROM 15N137E TO 6N152E TO 8N154E TO 16N147E BACK TO 15N137E. 

UPPER-LEVEL LOWS CENTERED EAST OF AGRIHAN AT 21N152E AND NORTH OF 
WAKE ISLAND AT 28N166E ARE TRIGGERING A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 
18N AND 22N FROM 149E TO 156E AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM 22N163E TO 
23N170E.

A SURFACE TROUGH NORTH OF POHNPEI EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 9N158E 
TO 19N165E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND 
WITHIN 130 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM 11N168E...ACROSS 
THE MARSHALLS...TO 6N177E THEN TURNS EASTWARD TO CONTINUE BEYOND 
6N180. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT SOUTHEAST OF KWAJALEIN AND OVER 
MAJURO BETWEEN 4N AND 8N FROM 169E TO THE DATE LINE.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.