Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:45:47 -0500

752 
FZPN40 PHFO 280445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE SEP 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 25N165W TO 24N174W TO 26N180W. FRONT E 
OF 160W MOVING SE 10 KT. REST OF FRONT MOVING S SLOWLY. NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT BETWEEN 157W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 25N150W TO 26N165W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 23N150W TO 
24N160W. 

.TROUGH FROM 12N160W TO 10N173W TO 06N175E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 24N156W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 
175W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 25N BETWEEN 
178W AND 175E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N143W TO 24N154W TO 24N162W TO 
30N169W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 00N163W TO 
30N175E. ALSO SEAS 8 TO 10 FT W OF A LINE FROM 30N168E TO 22N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N170W TO 
20N178W TO 25N160E TO 30N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N170W TO 
17N180W TO 24N160E TO 30N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 24N BETWEEN 167E AND 171E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 10N156W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM 
OF ITCZ W OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.