Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 05:05:45 -0500

878 
FZPN01 KWBC 281005
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE SEP 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N171W 972 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 46N TO 53N BETWEEN 172E 
AND 161W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 36 FT. ALSO FROM 46N TO 
63N W OF 159W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 42N AND W OF 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N162W 982 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND 480 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 39N180W TO 46N155W TO 53N135W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N155W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE AND 
480 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 35N TO 39N W OF 168E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 50N W OF 165E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 53N168E TO 48N172E TO 
42N173E. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT AND 480 NM W OF FRONT N OF 45N 
AND 180 NM W OF FRONT S OF 45N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N153W 999 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 
780 NM W QUADRANTS AND 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 50N147W TO LOW 
CENTER TO 40N155W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 49N TO 57N BETWEEN 129W AND 142W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS  
12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 59N E OF 141W WINDS LESS THAN 
25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT IN W TO NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 48N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N WINDS  
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 150W AND 180W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 32N BETWEEN 170W AND 172E WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 38N138W 1014 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 180 NM W OF FRONT FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 30N144W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 13 TO 17 FT 
IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N139W 1015 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N140W 1015 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 55N E 
OF 132W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 48N TO 51N BETWEEN 142W AND 147W AND FROM 47N TO 51N W OF 
173E.

.HIGH 37N131W 1020 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 38N166W 1029 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N153W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N144W 1017 MB. 

.HIGH 42N164E 1032 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N172E 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N177W 1031 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 48N132W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N133W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE SEP 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED SEP 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU SEP 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 06N TO 14N E OF 100W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT...HIGHEST E OF 90W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 14N E OF 99W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FROM 03N TO 15N E OF 105W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.NW OF LINE 17N115W TO 02N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 22N110W TO 00N130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE SEP 28...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 11N117W TO 11N124W TO 
11N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.