Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:44:36 -0500

687 
ATPQ40 PGUM 281543
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST WED SEP 29 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED SOUTHWEST OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 
21N151E. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND IN THE VICINITY OF THE LOW 
OVER MINAMI TORISHIMA AND SOUTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND...OR NORTH OF A 
LINE FROM 20N147E TO 20N155E TO 15N158E TO 15N165E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM SOUTHERN 
MINDANAO THROUGH 6N130E AND A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED JUST 
NORTH-NORTHWEST OF KOROR AT 9N133E TO END WEST OF THE SOUTHERN 
MARIANAS AT 16N142E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE CIRCULATION JUST WEST AND NORTHWEST OF 
KOROR...OR WEST OF A LINE FROM 6N134E TO 13N133E. SIMILAR CONDITIONS 
ARE ALSO PRESENT NEAR THE NORTHERN END OF THE TROUGH NORTH OF YAP 
BETWEEN 11N AND 13N FROM 135E TO 140E. CONVERGING WINDS SOUTH OF THE 
TROUGH ARE CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER KOROR BUT SOUTH OF YAP 
WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N135E TO 4N142E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 4N144E TO 12N150E. 
CONVERGENCE NEAR THE TROUGH IS COUPLING WITH DIVERGENT WINDS ALOFT 
TO PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE 
SOUTHERN MARIANAS WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE FROM 16N143E TO 
13N148E...AND ALSO FARTHER SOUTH AND EAST WITHIN 115 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 8N146E TO 17N155E.

ANOTHER NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM NEAR 
ENEWETAK ATOLL AT 13N163E TO JUST SOUTH OF MAJURO AT 5N172E...THEN 
TURNS NORTHEASTWARD TO BEYOND 180 AT 8N. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
EVIDENT NEAR THE TROUGH SOUTH OF KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO WITHIN 70 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 6N165E TO 4N172E TO 6N180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.