Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:05:46 -0500

555 
FZPN01 KWBC 281604
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE SEP 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N169W 974 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FROM 46N TO 55N BETWEEN 
176E AND 150W...ALSO WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE...EXCEPT OUT TO 
420 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM S AND 480 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N161W 985 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 480 NM 
W SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 40N TO 61N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 177W...ALSO FROM 50N TO 58N BETWEEN 140W AND 155W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N155W 988 MB. FROM 51N TO 56N BETWEEN 
160W AND 166W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM S AND 240 NM E SEMICIRCLES...AND N OF 50N BETWEEN 
137W AND 144W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 36N TO 40N W OF 162E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N157W TO 
43N163E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N165E 1003 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 174E AND 178W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N150W 993 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
CENTER TO 37N152W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 37N TO 
49N BETWEEN 156W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 32N BETWEEN 167W AND 180W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 32N BETWEEN 178W AND 165E WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 32N W OF 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 49N E 
OF 128W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 49N W OF 164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FOG FROM 47N TO 50N W OF 168E.

.HIGH 38N163W 1028 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N152W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 43N165E 1032 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N175E 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N177W 1029 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N132W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N133W 1018 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE SEP 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED SEP 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU SEP 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 08N TO 14N E OF 100W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 14N E OF 97W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FROM 08N TO 14N BETWEEN 85W AND 95W AND FROM 05N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 95W AND 110W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 

.NW OF LINE 29N115W TO 00N137W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 24N110W TO 00N125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.

.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE SEP 28...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...12N87W TO 08N100W TO 10N120W TO 
11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF AXIS FROM 136W TO 140W.

$$
.FORECASTER DGS. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.