Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:45:50 -0500

687 
FZPN40 PHFO 281645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE SEP 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N176W 1007 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM CENTER TO 
05N170E...AND FROM CENTER TO 12N161W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM 
OF THE LOW CENTER AND TROUGHS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N178W 1008 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N177E 1010 MB. 

.COLD FRONT 30N144W TO 25N150W TO 25N165W TO 21N179W TO 26N173W. N 
OF THE FRONT E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N143W TO LOW 24N147W 1014 MB TO 23N159W TO 
26N169W TO 25N176E. N OF 22N BETWEEN 164E AND 174W E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N145W TO LOW 23N151W 1012 MB TO 20N156W TO 
22N163W TO 25N170W. N OF THE FRONT BETWEEN 170W AND 176E...AND N OF 
21N W OF 176E E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 25N144W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.N OF 22N E OF 171W SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. N OF 19N E OF 178E...AND S OF 
19N E OF 160W SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. N OF 27N W OF 172E SEAS 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N BETWEEN 172E AND 174W SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. N 
OF 20N E OF 165E...AND S OF 20N E OF 168W SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 19N...AND S OF 19N E OF 164W SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED SHOWERS AND TSTMS N OF 23N BETWEEN 162E AND 173E...AND 
FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 168E.

.ITCZ 11N157W TO 10N147W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM OF THE ITCZ. 

$$

.FORECASTER DEJESUS. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.