Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:38:37 -0500

376 
ATHW40 PHFO 281838
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE SEP 28 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 28 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH CENTERED NEAR 
23N171W...MOVING WEST NORTHWEST AT 20 MPH. ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL 
TROUGH IS SAGGING SOUTH ALONG 150W FROM 24N TO NORTH OF 30N. A 
SOUTHERLY UPPER LEVEL JET IS POSITIONED EAST OF THE FIRST TROUGH AND 
IS BRINGING HIGH LEVEL MOISTURE NORTHWARD FROM THE TROPICS BETWEEN 
160W AND 165W SOUTH OF 22N. 

ALL OF THESE UPPER LEVEL FEATURES ARE AFFECTING THE LOWER LEVEL 
CLOUD FEATURES AS A WEAK FRONTAL BOUNDARY IS DRAPED ACROSS THE 
REGION ALONG 25N. THE MOST ACTIVE CLOUDS AND SHOWERS ARE LOCATED ON 
THE FAR WEST END OF THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY WHERE SCATTERED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS UP TO 40000 FEET HAVE DEVELOPED WEST OF 
170W BETWEEN 25N AND 21N. THE REST OF THE FRONTAL CLOUD BAND THAT 
STRETCHES FROM 26N170W TO 25N160W TO 25N150W TO 30N144W...IS ABOUT 
200 MILES WIDE COMPOSED OF LOW TOPPED CUMULUS LOCALLY UP AS HIGH AS 
12000 TO 14000 FEET. THIS FRONTAL BOUNDARY...CURRENTLY LOCATED 
AROUND 180 MILES NORTH OF OAHU...IS MOVING SOUTH NEAR 10 MPH. 

SCATTERED TO ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND ALONG THE SOUTHERN 
BORDER OF THE AREA SOUTH OF 13N ASSOCIATED WITH THE MAIN CONVERGENCE 
ZONE ALONG 09N-10N. HIGHEST CLOUD TOPS ARE 50000 FEET. 

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...SKIES ARE MAINLY CLEAR...EXCEPT 
FOR A BROKEN LOW CLOUD DECK OVER SOUTH POINT OF THE BIG ISLAND. 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND DRIFTING SOUTHWEST AT 5 TO 10 MPH 
OVER THE MAJORITY OF THE COASTAL WATERS.  LOCALLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
ARE SEEN 10 TO 30 MILES EAST OF THE PUNA COASTLINE OF THE BIG ISLAND 
AND UP TO 50 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE KONA COASTLINE OF THE BIG 
ISLAND. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.