Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:46:20 -0500

822 
FZPN01 KWBC 282146
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE SEP 28 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 28. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 29. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 30. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N166W 974 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 180W 
AND 155W...ALSO WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 44N TO 57N BETWEEN 140W AND 
170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N158W 985 MB. FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN 
160W AND 173W...ALSO WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N154W 993 MB. FROM 54N TO 60N BETWEEN 
160W AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM W OF A LINE FROM 60N161W TO 50N153W...AND N OF 50N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 37N160E TO 36N163E WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N160E TO 
42N165E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N164E 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 177E AND 175W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF A LINE FROM 46N150W 
TO 39N163W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N149W 985 MB. FRONT WILL EXTEND FROM 
CENTER TO 39N148W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 36N TO 
49N BETWEEN 149W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 140W AND 164W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 161E AND 166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FOG WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 44N160E TO 
49N170E.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 140W AND 144W. 

.HIGH 37N161W 1028 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N151W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 43N169E 1033 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N178E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N174W 1027 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N134W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE SEP 28.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED SEP 29.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU SEP 30.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES NEAR 14.5N93.5W 1006 MB WITH TROUGH EXTENDING W-NW TO 
16N100W. WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF TROUGH TO 10N SW TO W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. WITHIN 120 NM NW QUADRANT OF 
LOW AND N OF TROUGH FROM LOW TO 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13N92W 1005 MB WITH TROUGH TO 15N97W. 
WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
13 FT IN SW SWELL. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW AND N OF 
TROUGH TO COAST...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 80W AND 110W SW 
TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVES INLAND AND WEAKENS. N OF 14N BETWEEN 
93.5W AND 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 05N TO 13N E OF 97W SW TO W WINDS TO 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE...FROM 08N TO 13N E OF 100W SW TO W WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. LOW PRES NEAR 11N120.5W 1010 MB 
MOVING E 8 KT. WITHIN 60 NM NW QUADRANT OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 107W AND 122W S TO SW 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N116W 1010 MB. FROM 07N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 110W AND 117W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 115W SW 
TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. 

.NW OF LINE 28N115W TO 23N114W TO 00N139W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 22N110W TO 00N130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE...W OF 100W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE SEP 28...

.SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG NOTED N OF 09N E 
OF 100W.

.SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG NOTED WITHIN 120 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE OF LOW PRES 18.5N107W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 11N105W TO 
LOW PRES 11N120.5W TO 10N125W TO 14N134W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 180 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 
105W AND 109W...BETWEEN 129W AND 133W...AND W OF 136W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.