Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:54:50 -0500

392 
FZPN40 PHFO 282254
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE SEP 28 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 28 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 29 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 30 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N177W 1007 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 07N175E TO 
05N166E AND FROM LOW TO 11N174W TO 12N164W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 04N TO 06N BETWEEN 163E AND 175E...WITHIN 180 NM S OF TROUGH 
BETWEEN 177E AND 175W...FROM 08N TO 15N BETWEEN 175W AND 170W...AND
FROM 11N TO 14N BETWEEN 164W AND 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 12N179W 1008 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 24N150W TO 25N160W THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 26N166W TO 26N172W. COLD FRONT MOVING E SLOWLY ALONG 
30N...MOVING S 10 KT BETWEEN 145W AND 160W...AND MOVING WSW 10 KT W 
OF 165W. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 25N147W TO 
20N155W. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK DISSIPATING FRONT 30N143W TO 25N149W TO 
20N156W. 

.TROUGH FROM 21N180W TO 26N176W MOVING W 20 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM SE OF TROUGH. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 177E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 21N171E TO 26N174E. NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N176W TO 27N180E TO 
23N170E TO 23N166E TO 30N166E TO 30N176W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 21N161E TO 26N165E. NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 21N W OF 171E. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 28N170W TO 27N177E. NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. 

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 26N143W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE FROM 30N166E TO 20N175W TO 
14N162W TO 14N140W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 14N E OF 163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF 21N BETWEEN 176W AND 164E. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 21N E OF 176W...AND S OF 21N E OF 158W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 
24N180W TO 21N160E. SEAS TO 9 FT E OF 153W. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 10N150W TO 10N159W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 148W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 
08N TO 13N BETWEEN 150W AND 158W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 14N TO 20N W OF 163E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 45 NM OF POINT 21N176W...AND N OF 23N BETWEEN 
163E AND 168E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.