Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:43:21 -0500

029 
FZPN01 KWBC 290343
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED SEP 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N164W 980 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
16 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 65N BETWEEN 136W AND 177E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N156W 986 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50N BETWEEN 160W AND 174W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 50N148W IN PARAGRAPH 3 BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 39N160E TO 36N165E. WITHIN 420 NM N OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 53N162E 1006 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 47N167E TO 41N169E. WITHIN 240 NM S 
QUADRANT AND 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N166E 1002 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N155W 1002 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 36N163W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT AND BETWEEN 240 
NM AND 720 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 960 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N148W 979 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW...360 NM 
NE...480 NM SE AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST IN SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 166W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 34N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 37N140W 1014 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 41N137W 
TO LOW CENTER TO 30N143W. WITHIN 300 NM E AND W OF FRONT WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N141W 1015 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E AREA OF E WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT IN W TO SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N179E 1003 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 43N TO 51N W OF 170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 47N TO 52N BETWEEN 163E AND 
173E. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 47N TO 58N BETWEEN 138W AND 145W. 

.HIGH 37N158W 1027 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N148W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 43N171E 1033 MB MOVING E 15 KT...WILL TURN SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N180W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N173W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 47N 133W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N131W 1015 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N167E 1026 MB.

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED SEP 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU SEP 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES NEAR 14N93W 1003 MB WITH TROUGH EXTENDING W-NW TO 
16N98W. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF TROUGH TO 10N SW TO 
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. WITHIN 120 NM NW QUADRANT 
OF LOW AND N OF TROUGH FROM LOW TO 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13.5N92W 1002 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN SW 
SWELL. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. N OF 13.5N BETWEEN 93W AND 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 100W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVES INLAND AND WEAKENS. N OF 14N BETWEEN 
93.5W AND 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 06N TO 11N E OF 99W SW TO W WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE...FROM 08N TO 13N E OF 100W SW TO W WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. LOW PRES NEAR 11N120.5W 1010 MB 
MOVING E 8 KT. WITHIN 60 NM NW QUADRANT OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 107W AND 122W S TO SW 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N116W 1010 MB. FROM 07N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 105W AND 115W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 102W AND 116W 
SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. 

.NW OF LINE 28N115W TO 23N114W TO 00N139W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 22N110W TO 00N130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE...W OF 100W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0215 UTC WED SEP 29...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG NOTED N OF 09N E OF 102W.

.SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG NOTED WITHIN 150 
NM NW SEMICIRCLE OF LOW PRES 18.5N107W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 11N109W TO 
LOW PRES 11N120W TO LOW PRES 13N134W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 
131W AND 135W...AND WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF 135W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.