Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:42:15 -0500

097 
FZPN40 PHFO 290442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED SEP 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N178W 1008 MB MOVING W 10 KT. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 08N174E TO 
04N163E AND FROM LOW TO 12N172W TO 13N164W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 04N TO 07N BETWEEN 179W AND 163E...WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 
15N170W TO 07N177W...AND FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 164W AND 166W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING LOW 12N179W 1009 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 24N147W TO 23N153W TO 24N160W THENCE 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 27N171W. COLD FRONT NEARLY STATIONARY ALONG 
30N...MOVING S 10 KT BETWEEN 145W AND 160W...AND MOVING WSW 10 KT W 
OF 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 26N146W TO 
20N156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 21N180W TO 26N175W MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM SE OF TROUGH. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N 
BETWEEN 169W AND 174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 21N173E TO 25N174E. NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 27N180E TO 
22N170E TO 23N164E TO 30N164E TO 30N174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 24N W 
OF 172E. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 28N170W TO 29N172E. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT. 

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 25N145W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF A LINE FROM 30N166E TO 20N175W TO 
14N162W TO 14N140W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 14N E OF 163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF 21N BETWEEN 176W AND 164E. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 21N E OF 176W...AND S OF 21N E OF 158W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 
24N180W TO 21N160E. SEAS TO 9 FT E OF 153W. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N150W TO 12N158W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 142W AND 151W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 15N TO 21N W OF 164E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 24N TO 29N BETWEEN 162E AND 168E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.