Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 04:57:10 -0500

794 
FZPN01 KWBC 290956
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED SEP 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N161W 984 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 480 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 40N179E TO 44N155W TO 52N135W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N156W 987 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E 
AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N155W 990 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
S QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 50N162E TO 44N165E TO 
40N167E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N163E 1004 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 50N170E TO 41N172E. WITHIN 360 NM S 
QUADRANT AND 180 NM E AND W OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N173E 1003 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N153W 1003 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER S TO 36N158W AND FROM LOW CENTER N TO 51N147W.  
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N146W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT 
AND 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 660 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 34N TO 46N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 38N140W 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
41N138W TO LOW CENTER TO 30N142W. WITHIN 300 NM E AND W OF FRONT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N172W 1003 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 
540 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT...HIGHEST 
IN SE QUADRANT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 45N TO 50N W OF 173E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 49N TO 51N BETWEEN 171E AND 
177E. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 46N TO 51N BETWEEN 143W AND 148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 51N TO 59N BETWEEN 139W AND 
146W. 

.HIGH 38N155W 1026 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N147W 1015 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 43N172E 1033 MB MOVING E 20 KT...WILL TURN SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N177W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N169W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 47N133W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N133W 1022 MB.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N168E 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED SEP 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU SEP 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES 1003 MB NEAR 14N92W. WITHIN 120 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N E OF 
110W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1003 MB NEAR 13N92W. WITHIN 120 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
05N TO 13N E OF 110W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 1006 MB NEAR 14N94W. FROM 05N TO 13N 
E OF 110W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW 
SWELL.

.W OF LINE 23N110W TO 09N110W TO 00N130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.]
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N130W TO 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 10N W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED SEP 29...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 13N TO 15N BETWEEN 96W 
TO 98W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE NOTED WITHIN 120 NM NW SEMICIRCLE OF LOW 
PRES 14N92W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 11N110W TO 
LOW PRES 11N119W TO LOW PRES 12N134W TO 11N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION IS NOTED ALONG THE ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.