Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 05:46:46 -0500

191 
FZPN40 PHFO 291046
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED SEP 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N177W 1007 MB MOVING W SLOWLY.  TROUGH FROM LOW TO 13N170W 
TO 12N163W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE TROUGH W 
OF 171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 24N148W TO 23N154W TO 27N172W.  FRONT MOVING 
S SLOWLY BETWEEN 146W AND 164W AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 22N154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 28N146W TO 
21N154W.

.TROUGH FROM 27N176W TO 19N178E MOVING W 10 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 26 KT 
N OF 25N BETWEEN 177W AND 175E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM E OF 
THE TROUGH.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE 
FROM 27N180E TO 22N167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 228N159W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N165E TO 23N169E TO 20N170W TO 
00N163W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
24N160E TO 11N165W TO 00S160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
20N160E TO 20N150W TO 00N152W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 11N143W TO 10N160W...ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 12N149W 04N147W 11N162W 12N149W.  SECOND ITCZ SEGMENT 
FROM 04N160E TO 07N173E...ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 04N AND 
07N W OF 172E. 

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS W OF A LINE FROM 19N167E TO 13N162E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.