Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:25:17 -0500

835 
ATPQ40 PGUM 291525
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST THU SEP 30 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM AN UPPER LOW CENTERED 
NEAR IWO TO ISLAND AT 23N143E TO ANOTHER UPPER LOW CENTERED 
NORTHEAST OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 25N160E...AND CONTINUES 
SOUTHEASTWARD TO BEYOND 180 AT 21N. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
PRESENT NEAR THE TROUGH OVER THE NORTHERN TIP OF THE CNMI...MINAMI 
TORISHIMA BUT NORTH OF WAKE ISLAND OR NORTH OF A LINE FROM 20N141E 
TO 20N161E TO 22N168E. DIVERGENT UPPER-LEVEL FLOW SOUTH OF THE 
TROUGH IS ENHANCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
NORTHWEST OF ENEWETAK ATOLL BETWEEN 12N AND 18N FROM 152E TO 161E.   

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM MINDANAO THROUGH 13N130E 
TO END NORTH OF YAP AT 16N136E. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING 
NEAR THE TROUGH BETWEEN 14N AND 19N FROM 130E TO 135E. CONVERGING 
WINDS SOUTH OF THE TROUGH ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER YAP BUT NORTH OF KOROR WITHIN 75 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 8N130E TO 9N134E TO 11N139E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 6N145E TO A WEAK 
CIRCULATION CENTERED JUST SOUTHWEST OF GUAM AT 11N143E...THEN TURNS 
NORTHEASTWARD TO END AT 18N147E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NEAR THE TROUGH OVER THE SOUTHERN MARIANAS 
AND EAST OF THE CNMI WITHIN 115 MILES OF A LINE FROM 12N142E TO 
15N145E TO 18N153E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.