Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:48:32 -0500

678 
FZPN01 KWBC 291548
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED SEP 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 42N159W 1014 MB MOVING NE 10 KT WILL RAPIDLY INTENSIFY 
AFTER 24 HOURS. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT EXTENDING FROM 
44N151W TO LOW CENTER TO 38N170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N151W 993 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 58N158W BELOW...WITHIN 540 NM NW OF A LINE 
FROM 32N163W TO 46N137W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N146W 962 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E AND S AND 
240 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 60 KT. SEAS 14 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST 
S OF LOW CENTER. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM LOW CENTER WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW CENTER. ALSO N AND NE 
OF A LINE FROM 41N133W TO 41N155W TO 63N173W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 20 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW CENTER.   

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N158W 984 MB MOVING N 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM NW...900 NM SW...540 NM SE AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 37N178W TO 
49N150W TO 53N130W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N158W 993 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM 
W...840 NM SW AND BETWEEN 300 NM AND 720 NM E AND BETWEEN 420 NM 
AND 780 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 52N146W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 52N164E TO 39N170E AREA 
OF SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N164E 1000 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 52N172E TO 46N176E TO 38N169E. WITHIN 
480 NM S OF LOW CENTER AND WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N168W 1000 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 38N173W TO 44N176W TO 48N161E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 37N140W 1014 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 50N W 
OF 164E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 50N W OF 176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 140W AND 148W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 36N155W 1023 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 44N175E 1034 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N176W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N167W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 48N131W 1025 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N132W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N166E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED SEP 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU SEP 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES NEAR 13N92W 1004 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 86W AND 100W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 13N93W 1006 MB. FROM 05N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 86W AND 110W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN SW 
TO W SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 13N94W 1007 MB. FROM 05N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 90W AND 110W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW 
AND SW SWELL.

.W OF LINE 24N109W TO 10N115W TO 00N130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N125W TO 20N110W TO 00N110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED SEP 29...

.SCATTERED STRONG FROM 13N TO 16N BETWEEN 96W TO 100W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...11N95W TO 10N125W TO 12N130W TO 
11N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER DGS. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.