Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:45:06 -0500

996 
FZPN40 PHFO 291645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED SEP 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 11N177W 1008MB MOVING W SLOWLY.  TROUGH FROM LOW TO 13N171W 
TO 11N162W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM NE SEMICIRCLE AND 
120 NM S QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 25146W TO 21N153W TO 22N157W TO 27N171W.  
FRONT MOVING S SLOWLY BETWEEN 148W AND 162W AND NEARLY STATIONARY 
ELSEWHERE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 27N148W TO 21N155W TO 21N157W 
TO 26N166W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 28N147W TO 21N155W.

.TROUGH FROM 27N178W TO 19N177E MOVING W 15 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 25N BETWEEN 179W AND 173E.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
THE TROUGH N OF 24N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 24N 
BETWEEN 163E AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 27N159W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N165E TO 23N169E TO 20N170W TO 
00N163W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
24N160E TO 11N165W TO 00S160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
20N160E TO 20N150W TO 00N152W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 11N143W TO 09N164W...ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 13N150W 02N147W 11N162W 13N150W.  SECOND ITCZ SEGMENT 
FROM 05N160E TO 09N175E...ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM S OF THE 
ITCZ E OF 166E.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS W OF A LINE FROM 20N169E TO 12N162E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.