Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:00:11 -0500

534 
ATHW40 PHFO 291800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC WED SEP 29 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC SEPTEMBER 29 2010

SKIES ARE CLEAR TO OCCASIONALLY PARTLY CLOUDY ACROSS THE ISLAND 
CHAIN THIS MORNING.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE NORTHEAST TO 
EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 15 MPH STATEWIDE.

A WEAKENING FRONT...WITH SCATTERED TO OCCASIONALLY BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDINESS AND WHICH APPEARS NEARLY STATIONARY...LIES JUST NORTH OF 
THE ISLANDS AT THE MOMENT.  SOME OF THE CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
BOUNDARY ARE JUST NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST OF KAUAI...NORTH AND 
EAST OF OAHU...AND NORTH OF MAUI COUNTY.  MORE CONCENTRATED 
CLOUDINESS WITH THE FRONT EXTENDS FAR NORTHEAST AND NORTHWEST FROM 
THE STATE.  PLUME CLOUDS ARE GENERATING LOW CEILINGS FROM TIME TO 
TIME IMMEDIATELY WEST OF KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  CONDITIONS ARE 
CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE OVER THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A LOW IS CENTERED ABOUT 
1050 MILES WEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN HEADING TOWARD THE WEST OR 
NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  AN AREA OF SHOWERS 
AND THUNDERSTORMS WITH THE LOW IS MAINLY LOCATED FROM 21.5N TO 27N 
BETWEEN 174.5W AND 178E.  SOUTH OF THE LOW...MORE INSTABILITY ALOFT 
IS HELPING TO IGNITE CONVECTION FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 172W AND THE 
DATE LINE AT 180.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 133W AND 143W...AND FROM 
07N TO 12N BETWEEN 153W AND 163W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.