Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:41:12 -0500

269 
FZPN01 KWBC 292241 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED SEP 29 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 29. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 30. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 01. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 43N158W 1010 MB MOVING NE 10 KT WILL RAPIDLY INTENSIFY AND 
TURN MORE N AFTER 18 HOURS. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT 
EXTENDING FROM 47N146W TO LOW CENTER TO 34N177W AND WITHIN 360 
NM NW OF FRONT S OF LOW CENTER EXCEPT WHERE NOTED BELOW...WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST W OF LOW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N149W 987 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE...480 NM 
S AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 120 NM OF THE ALASKA COAST 
BETWEEN 138W AND 145W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT... 
HIGHEST NEAR 42N158W. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
58N160W BELOW...WITHIN 1080 NM N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 30N160W 
TO 40N136W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N151W 956 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 150 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 21 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM LOW CENTER WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT... 
HIGHEST S OF LOW CENTER. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM OF LOW WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW CENTER. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 56N158W 984 MB MOVING NW 10 KT THEN BECOMING NEARLY 
STATIONARY BY 18 HOURS. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SE 
AND 360 NM NW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 420 NM NW OF A TROUGH FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 50N160W TO 42N171W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 50N157W. ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 39N180W 
TO 42N170W TO 53N133W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N160W 992 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N151W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 NM N AND NE OF A FRONT FROM 
51N160E TO 41N166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 55N164E 1003 MB. FRONT TO 
EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 50N177E TO 45N180W TO 39N175E. WITHIN 
540 NM S QUADRANT OF LOW CENTER AND WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF 
THE FRONT S OF 48N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N163W 1001 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 36N167W TO 47N167E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST...CORRECTED. 

.FROM 35N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 40N141W 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 240 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 42N TO 50N W OF 164E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 51N W OF 180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 45N TO 55N BETWEEN 140W AND 147W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 44N177E 1033 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N173W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N162W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 47N133W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N164E 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N176E 1024 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N177W 1024 MB.

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED SEP 29.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU SEP 30.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 01.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES NEAR 14N92W 1002 MB MOVING E-NE 8 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 60 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. WITHIN 240 NM NW QUADRANT E OF 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
02N TO 10N BETWEEN 91W AND 108W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT. N OF 05N BETWEEN 84W AND 91W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT. FROM 03N TO 09N BETWEEN 108W AND 115W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES TO MOVE NE AND INLAND. FROM 05N TO 
12N BETWEEN 86W AND 115W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW 
TO W SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 90W AND 113W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN MERGING NW AND SW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 88W AND 110W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MERGING NW AND SW SWELL.

.W OF LINE 30N116W TO 12N108W TO 00N136W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE...W OF 113W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N125W TO 20N110W TO 00N110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MERGING NW AND SW SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14.5N95W TO 12.5N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED SEP 29...

.SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS STRONG FROM 12.5N TO 16N BETWEEN 97W TO 
100W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 10N104W TO 
09N108W TO LOW PRES 10.5N116.5W 1011 MB TO LOW PRES 13N134.5W 
1010 MB TO 12N140W. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS MODERATE CONVECTION 
NOTED WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS E OF 108W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.