Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:45:12 -0500

906 
FZPN40 PHFO 292245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED SEP 29 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 29 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 30 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 01 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 1008 MB 13N179W MOVING NW 10 KT.  TROUGHS FROM LOW TO 
28N177W...AND FROM LOW TO 23N175E TO 19N173E MOVING W 10 KT.  NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF TROUGH.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA 
BOUNDED BY 29N175W TO 21N177W TO 24N171E TO 29N175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 27N174E TO 21N163E.  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS. 

.TROUGH FROM 14N177W TO 11N180W TO 09N174E MOVING W SLOWLY.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 16N TO 09N BETWEEN 179W AND 
171W...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH W OF 180W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 16N177W TO 10N176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 17N179E TO 11N171E.

.WEAK FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 22N154W TO 26N168W DRIFTING S SLOWLY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 21N155W TO 
25N169W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO TROUGH FROM 30N144W TO 21N155W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 28N175W.  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 26N159W.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N164E TO 21N165E TO 18N171W TO 
00N168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N AND E OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
12N167W TO 00N163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 21N.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 
21N E OF 150W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 12N140W TO 11N152W TO 08N170W...AND FROM 09N174E TO 
06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS W OF A LINE FROM 20N168E TO 19N170E TO 
12N160E.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.