Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:00:13 -0500

099 
ATHW40 PHFO 300000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC THU SEP 30 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC SEPTEMBER 29 2010

WITH THE HEATING OF THE DAY...CONVECTIVE LOW CLOUDS HAVE FORMED OVER 
THE ALOHA STATE...WITH MOST CEILINGS FAVORING INTERIOR...MAUKA... 
AND UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  SKIES ARE SUNNY TO 
PARTLY CLOUDY OVER THE NORTHERN COASTAL AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS 
AND MAUI...AND COASTAL AND UPSLOPE PORTIONS OF THE HILO AND PUNA 
DISTRICTS ON THE BIG ISLAND...ALONG WITH COASTAL PARTS OF KOHALA AND 
KAU.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 10 
MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

LOW CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK FRONT ARE CAUSING OCCASIONAL 
CEILINGS JUST NORTH OF THE ISLANDS THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.  MORE 
CONCENTRATED CLOUDINESS WITH THE BOUNDARY EXTENDS FAR NORTHEAST AND 
NORTHWEST FROM THE STATE.  CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO 
OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED OVER THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

LOOKING ALOFT ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A LOW IS CENTERED AROUND 1120 
MILES WEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN PUSHING WEST NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE 
PAST SIX HOURS.  THE SYSTEM IS PRODUCING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS...
MOST OF WHICH ARE CURRENTLY WITHIN 175 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 27N172W TO 26.5N177W TO 21N177.5E.  MORE SURFACE AND UPPER AIR 
INSTABILITY SOUTH OF THE LOW IS IGNITING CONVECTION IN THE AREA FROM 
09N TO 16N BETWEEN 172W AND THE DATE LINE AT 180.  ELSEWHERE...A WEAK
UPPER LOW EMBEDDED WITHIN A VERY DRY ENVIRONMENT IS 120 MILES EAST 
OF THE BIG ISLAND AND APPEARS TO BE HEADING SLOWLY TOWARD THE 
WEST-SOUTHWEST.  WITH THE LOWER ATMOSPHERE ALSO FAIRLY DRY SOUTH OF 
THE FRONT...THE UPPER FEATURE IS HAVING NO DISCERNIBLE EFFECT ON 
SURFACE WEATHER EAST OF THE STATE.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO FIRE FAR SOUTH OF 
HAWAII ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THE 
CONVECTION IS NOW LOCATED FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 131W AND 144W... 
AND FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 152W AND 169W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.