Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:30:53 -0500

698 
ATPQ40 PGUM 300330
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST THU SEP 30 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM MINDANAO THROUGH 13N130E 
TO END NORTH OF YAP AT 15N133E. A SECOND SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS FROM 
10N141E OVER AND WEST OF GUAM AT 15N142E. A THIRD SURFACE TROUGH 
REACHES FROM EAST OF THE MARIANAS AT 14N148E NORTHWARD TO BEYOND 
25N150E. THE EFFECTS OF THESE FEATURES ARE COMBINING TO PRODUCE 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS AROUND PALAU...YAP AND 
THE MARIANAS WITHIN 250 MILES OF A LINE FROM 8N130E TO 18N148E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDS FROM AN UPPER LOW SOUTH OF IWO TO 
ISLAND AT 22N141E TO JUST NORTH OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 27N154E TO 
ANOTHER UPPER LOW NORTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND NEAR 24N161E. ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE FEATURES ARE OCCURRING BETWEEN 
19N AND 24N FROM 144E TO 160E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS FROM 4N157E TO 11N180. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A 
FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND AROUND POHNPEI...KOSRAE AND NEAR MAJURO 
WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.