Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:58:41 -0500

375 
FZPN01 KWBC 300358
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU SEP 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 45N154W 1005 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER S TO 36N162W AND LOW CENTER NE TO 48N147W. WITHIN 240 NM 
E OF FRONT AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 780 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 50N BETWEEN 160W 
AND 176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N149W 981 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND FROM 39N TO 54N BETWEEN 137W AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
57N158W BELOW...FROM 35N TO 60N BETWEEN 135W AND 168W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N152W 955 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 180 NM E 
QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 60 NM AND 240 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 50 TO 65 
KT. SEAS 22 TO 36 FT. ALSO FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 142W AND 162W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 
FT...HIGHEST S OF LOW CENTER. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N157W 987 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 480 
NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N155W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E AND SE AND 
600 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N158W 986 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT  
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM W 
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N152W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 53N161E 1006 MB MOVING NE 10 KT...WILL TURN E 
AND ACCELERATE AFTER 24 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 
47N167E TO 40N169E. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND 240 NM 
E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N166E 1004 MB. WITHIN 540 NM 
S QUADRANT AREA OF W TO SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N176W 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N177W 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND 
420 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N158W 1001 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 37N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 44N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 41N142W 1014 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 43N TO 50N BETWEEN 164E AND 169E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 46N TO 50N W OF 172E AND FROM 
44N TO 47N BETWEEN 175W AND 178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 46N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 144W AND 148W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 56N BETWEEN 140W AND 
147W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 44N179W 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N171W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N158W 1023 MB.

.HIGH 36N149W 1018 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 48N133W 1023 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N165E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N179W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU SEP 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES NEAR 14N92W 1002 MB DRIFTING E-NE. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE AND 60 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. WITHIN 240 NM NW QUADRANT E OF 95W...INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
02N TO 10N BETWEEN 91W AND 108W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT. N OF 05N BETWEEN 84W AND 91W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT. FROM 03N TO 09N BETWEEN 108W AND 115W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES INLAND. FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 88W 
AND 113W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 90W AND 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN MERGING NW AND SW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 88W AND 110W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MERGING NW AND SW SWELL.

.W OF LINE 30N116W TO 12N108W TO 00N136W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE...W OF 113W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N125W TO 20N110W TO 00N110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MERGING NW AND SW SWELL.

.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
13N95W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU SEP 30...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 13N TO 16N BETWEEN 98W 
TO 102W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW PRES 
NEAR 14N92W 1005 MB.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 10N101W TO 
09N108W TO LOW PRES 10N115.5W 1010 MB TO 09N119W TO LOW PRES 
13N134.5W 1009 MB TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 
NOTED WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS E OF 108W...AND WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LOW NEAR 13N134.5W..,

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.