Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:45:27 -0500

274 
FZPN40 PHFO 300445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU SEP 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 27N177W TO 24N175E TO 20N170E. S PORTION MOVING W 10 
KT...N PORTION NEARLY STATIONARY.  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
TROUGH.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 28N174W TO 
20N180W TO 23N167E TO 28N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.WEAK FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 22N153W TO 26N173W DRIFTING S SLOWLY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO A TROUGH FROM 30N141W TO 
27N148W TO 20N155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N146W TO 21N154W.

.TROUGH FROM 12N140W TO 11N153W TO 10N159W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N140W TO 09N163W TO 13N172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N140W TO 13N154W.

.TROUGH FROM 16N175W TO 12N179W TO 09N175E MOVING NW SLOWLY.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH E OF 
179W...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH W OF 179W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 16N177W TO 11N175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 27N170W.  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF 18N BETWEEN 163E AND 167W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E 
OF 167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N A LINE FROM 30N153W TO 20N160E.  
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT ELSEWHERE N AND E OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 00N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF 27N E OF 167W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 18N160W TO 23N175W TO 09N140W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N159W TO 08N166W TO 08N170W...AND FROM 09N175E TO 
06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS W OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 18N168E TO 
15N160E.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.