Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:58:03 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 300600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/300600ZSEP2010-010600ZOCT2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.4N
130.0E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 8.6N 128.6E, APPROXIMATELY 575 NM
SOUTHEAST OF MANILA, PHILIPPINES. CONVECTION HAS CONTINUED TO CYCLE
IN AND AROUND A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER. A 300117Z PARTIAL
ASCAT PASS SHOWS A NEARLY SYMMETRIC AND WELL-DEFINED WIND FIELD WITH
SUB-GALE FORCE WINDS FUNNELING INTO THE CENTER FROM THE NORTHWEST
AND SOUTHEAST. VERTICAL WIND SHEAR (VWS) IS CURRENTLY ASSESSED AT
30+ KNOTS AND IS INHIBITING ORGRANIZATION OF CONVECTION. HOWEVER,
VWS WILL GRADUALLY ABATE AS THE SYSTEM DRIFTS NORTHWESTWARD,
IMPROVING THE LIKLIHOOD OF GENESIS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS
ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1008 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.