Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 04:48:05 -0500

140 
FZPN01 KWBC 300947
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU SEP 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 45N153W 1000 MB MOVING E 10 KT THROUGH 12 HOURS...THEN 
TURNING N WILL RAPIDLY INTENSIFY. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER 
S TO 35N158W AND FROM LOW CENTER NE TO 51N146W. WITHIN 240 NM E 
OF FRONT AND FROM 34N TO 50N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 50N BETWEEN 158W 
AND 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N147W 968 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 180 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT AND 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
56N158W BELOW...WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 480 NM E QUADRANTS AND 660 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N150W 962 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 360 
NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 33 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 58N180W TO 49N151W TO 50N135W  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT OVER BERING SEA 8 
TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N157W 987 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 360 NM E AND 480 
NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 55N150W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E AND SE AND 
600 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N158W 989 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W 
AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 58N150W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 53N161E 1006 MB MOVING E 10 KT...WILL TURN SE 
AND ACCELERATE AFTER 24 HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 
49N170E TO 41N172E. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
AND  240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N168E 1006 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
AREA OF W TO SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N174W 1005 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 46N173W 1006 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND 
420 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N154W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 44N143W 1011 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 45N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 168E AND 173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 47N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 143W AND 148W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 54N TO 60N BETWEEN 141W AND 
148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 41N177W 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N168W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N157W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 49N133W 1023 MB DRIFTING N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 41N160E 1025 MB MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N167E 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 35N176E 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N178W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU SEP 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES 1004 MB NEAR 14N92W. WITHIN 120 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 05N TO 13N E OF 105W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N 
TO 13N E OF 115W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW 
AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
12N95W INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 115W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.W OF LINE 27N115W TO 00N130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N125W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 09N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU SEP 30...

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW PRES 1004 MB NEAR 
14N92W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 180 NM OF MEXICAN 
COAST BETWEEN 95W AND 100W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM LOW PRES 
1008 MB NEAR 09N115W TO 09N124W TO LOW PRES 1012 MB NEAR 14N133W 
TO 11N140W. MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 90 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF ITCZ AXIS W OF 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.