Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:27:51 -0500

556 
FZPN01 KWBC 301627
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU SEP 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N151W 994 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 40N150W TO 35N153W. FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 156W AND 
165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 
NM E OF FRONT...AND N OF 46N BETWEEN 140W AND 150W...ALSO FROM 
32N TO 50N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W...AMD 240 NM W OF FRONT S OF 
45N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N146W 971 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM NE AND S SEMICIRCLES...AND FROM 47N TO 55N BETWEEN 
150W AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ALSO N OF 42N 
BETWEEN 139W AND 160W...ALSO BETWEEN 53N AND 60N FROM 150W AND 
167W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N153W 970 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND E 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
52N BETWEEN 137W AND 160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N159W 990 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 300 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50 
N BETWEEN 158W AND 170W WINDSD 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N148W 997 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
SEMCICRCLE  AND 480 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
7 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 47N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 145 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N164E 1005 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
AND FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 173E AND 180W WIMDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N179E 1002 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SQ 
QUADRANTS...AND FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 164W AND 175W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N173W 998 MB. FROM 47N TO 54N BETWEEN 
170W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 45N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 168E AND 173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 47N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 143W AND 148W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 54N TO 60N BETWEEN 141W AND 
148W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 40N175W 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N168W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N164W 1024 MB. 

.HIGH 49N133W 1018 MB DRIFTING N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU SEP 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. N OF 08N E OF 95W SW WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 90W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
15N BETWEEN 90W AND 110W...AND FROM 08N TO 11N E OF 90W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W SW WINDS 
TO 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 16N BETWEEN 90W AND 115W...AND FROM 08N TO 11N E OF 90W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. S OF 10N 
BETWEEN 115W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NW SWELL. 

.FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 120W AND S OF 22N W OF 
110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL... 
HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 10N135W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.

.18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95W...
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 50 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N95.5W... 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU SEP 30...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF MEXICAN 
COAST BETWEEN 98W AND 103W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM LOW PRES 
1008 MB NEAR 09N114W TO 13N132W TO LOW PRES 1012 MB NEAR 14N133W 
TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF ITCZ AXIS W OF 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.