Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:45:16 -0500

214 
FZPN40 PHFO 301645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU SEP 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 21N151W TO 21N157W TO 
22N162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 28N162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 27N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 27N161W.

.TROUGH FROM 13N176W TO 07N166E TO 07S160E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH W OF 173E.

.TROUGH FROM 12N140W TO 10N160W NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 24N180W TO 23N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT BETWEEN 24N AND 28N BOUNDED BY 168E AND 178E.  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 23N160E TO 
08N164W TO 00S156W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
20N160E TO 10N171W TO 00N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N180E TO 
20N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 14N AND 17N BOUNDED BY 170W AND 
175W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N160W TO 09N172W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM S OF 
THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.