Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:16:40 -0500

973 
FZPN01 KWBC 302216
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU SEP 30 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 30. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 01. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 02. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N150W 990 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 44N147W TO 36N148W. FROM 38N TO 49N BETWEEN 152W AND 
161W...ALSO N OF 47N BETWEEN 140W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 
40N...AND FROM 35N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 167W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N152W 961 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ALSO FROM 45N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 136W AND 153W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N154W 976 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N159W 991 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. WITHIN 360 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 39N TO 46N BETWEEN 165E AND 176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N163W 1001 MB. FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 
159W AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N145W 995 MB. FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 
138W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N W OF 169W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 55N BETWEEN 164W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N165E 1007 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N177E 1003 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N169W 998 MB. FROM 47N TO 53N BETWEEN 
165W AND 176W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 49N W OF 163E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N174W 1010 MB. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT.

.HIGH 42N163E 1050 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N175E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 38N175W 1028 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N160W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N149W 1025 MB.

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU SEP 30.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 01.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 02.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES 15N105W 1007 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT 
SEAS 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N 
BETWEEN 82W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 15N108W 1009 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 
115W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 15N E OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 15N112W 1011 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT. FROM 04N TO 10N BETWEEN 80W AND 
110W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 97W AND E OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 13N134W 1013 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N W OF 130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 15N 
W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. S OF 15N W OF 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 
15N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 10N130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.

.18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N94.5W
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU SEP 30...

.LOW PRES 15N105W...SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE.

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST CENTRAL AMERICA FROM 
77W TO 85W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N112W TO 13N134W TO 
11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM LINE 13N134W TO 12N137W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.