Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:45:07 -0500

015 
FZPN40 PHFO 302245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU SEP 30 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 30 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 01 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 02 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 29N176W MOVING SE 15 KT. NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 27N160W TO 
27N175W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 22N158W TO 25N177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED INTO A TROUGH FROM 29N147W TO 
21N154W.
48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 27N152W TO 22N155W.

.TROUGH FROM 26N169E TO 20N163E MOVING W SLOWLY. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF TROUGH AND N OF 25N BETWEEN 169E AND 177E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 26N168E TO 22N161E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 29N166E TO 22N159E.

.TROUGH FROM 16N172W TO 12N176W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 13N178E TO 09N170E TO 07N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N171E TO 10N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 22N142W TO 17N146W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N162W TO 21N170E TO 22N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N AND E OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 00N160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 12 FT FROM 28N TO 23N W OF 163E...AND N 
OF 28N BETWEEN 169W AND 149W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N AND E OF A 
LINE FROM 19N160E TO 00N150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 21N E OF 170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 26N TO 19N BETWEEN 172E AND 179E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 12N153W TO 07N179W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.