Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 22:51:44 -0500

087 
FZPN01 KWBC 010351
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 51N149W 985 MB MOVING N 10 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 38N TO 56N BETWEEN 138W AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N152W 958 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 22 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF 
LOW EXCEPT 120 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 
FT. ALSO OVER WATERS FROM 50N TO 60N BETWEEN 130W AND 170W...AND 
NW OF A LINE FROM 58N176W TO 64N164W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 60N160W 982 MB. N OF 57N BETWEEN 
143W AND 150W...WITHIN 780 NM S QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 300 NM 
AND 600 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 59N148W TO 56N137W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N152W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 58N159W 993 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM W AND 360 NM 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 56N152W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 47N177W 1008 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 360 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N158W 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N144W 998 MB. FROM 41N TO 58N BETWEEN 
136W AND 149W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 55N166E 1006 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N176E 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW QUADRANT 
AND 300 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 49N172W TO THE LOW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N162E 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT 
AND S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N172W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 360 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 167E AND 160E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.HIGH 37N171W 1026 MB MOVING E 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N150W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 36N170E 1025 MB MOVING SE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N175W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N164W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 42N163E 1025 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N136W 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 03.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW PRES 15.5N105.5W 1007 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 
KT SEAS 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 115W SW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N 
BETWEEN 82W AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 15.5N109W 1008 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 
112W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 15N E OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 15N112W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT SEAS 8 FT. FROM 04N TO 10N BETWEEN 84W AND 
110W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 83W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 13N135W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N W OF 128W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 15N 
W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. S OF 15N W OF 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 15N W 
OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 10N130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.

.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI OCT 01...

.LOW PRES 15.5N105.5W...SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 180 NM W SEMICIRCLE.

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST CENTRAL AMERICA FROM 
80W TO 86W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N110W TO 09N120W TO 
11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM LINE 11N134W TO 11N101W
TO 10N109W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.