Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:45:18 -0500

097 
FZPN40 PHFO 010445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 28N167W TO 29N178W MOVING SE 15 KT. NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 24N163E TO 20N163E MOVING W 10 KT. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 24N W OF 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM 
OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 26N166E TO 21N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 29N163E TO 25N160E.

.TROUGH FROM 30N142W TO 21N157W TO 24N173W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N145W TO 21N153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 13N176E TO 07N160E MOVING NW SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N169E TO 10N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 22N142W TO 17N146W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N167E TO 30N154W TO 22N160E 
TO 27N160E TO 30N167E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N AND E OF A LINE 
FROM 21N160E TO 00N158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 12 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 165W AND 148W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 26N175E TO 
00N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 20N E OF 167W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF A LINE FROM 26N171E TO 
20N177E.

.ITCZ FROM 11N140W TO 12N149W TO 07N179W. ISOLATED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.