Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 00:00:13 -0500

662 
ATHW40 PHFO 010500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC OCTOBER 01 2010

VARYING AMOUNTS OF LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...EXIST 
ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN...INCLUDING THE CHANNELS...THIS EARLY 
EVENING.  THE MOST CONCENTRATED CEILINGS ARE OVER THE BIG ISLAND... 
WITH ALMOST THE ENTIRE ISLE BELOW 10 THOUSAND FEET BLANKETED IN LOW 
CLOUDS.  BOTH MAUI AND LANAI ARE ALSO SEEING SIGNIFICANT CLOUDINESS. 
MOLOKAI...OAHU...AND KAUAI HAVE THE FEWEST LOW CEILINGS...THOUGH 
SHOWERS ARE WIDESPREAD ACROSS THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU AS OF 
BULLETIN TIME.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST-NORTHEAST 
AT 10 TO 15 MPH FROM THE BIG ISLAND TO OAHU...AND FROM THE NORTHEAST 
AT 15 TO 20 MPH IN THE VICINITY OF KAUAI.

SURFACE TROUGHING IN THE AREA IS CAUSING THE SHOWERY CONDITIONS 
OVER THE ISLES AND IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.  MOST OF THE 
CLOUDINESS AND RAIN ARE CURRENTLY JUST NORTH OF THE STATE FROM OAHU 
TO THE BIG ISLAND.  ISOLATED SHOWERS AND LOW CEILINGS ARE EVIDENT 
WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND SOUTH OF THE OTHER ISLES...AND WEST AND 
NORTH OF KAUAI.  SKIES ARE NEARLY CLEAR EAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTH 
OF THE BIG ISLAND.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...THE AXIS OF A NORTH- 
NORTHEAST TO SOUTH-SOUTHWEST ORIENTED TROUGH IS EAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND IS ALONG A LINE FROM 25N149W TO 18N153W TO 12N155W.  THE 
SYSTEM HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  A 
NEARLY STATIONARY UPPER HIGH IS CENTERED NEAR 23N167W...OR ABOUT 465 
MILES WEST OF KAUAI.  THE COUNTERCLOCKWISE ROTATION ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE TROUGH...IN COMBINATION WITH THE CLOCKWISE ROTATION AROUND THE 
HIGH...IS PRODUCING NORTH WINDS OVER THE ISLANDS...WITH THE HIGHEST 
SPEEDS...IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH...OVER THE ISLAND OF HAWAII.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE SOUTH OF THE ALOHA STATE.  MOST OF 
THE ACTIVITY IS OCCURRING FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 147W AND 
154W...AND FROM 05.5N TO 12N BETWEEN 161W AND 179W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.