Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 04:43:00 -0500

680 
FZPN01 KWBC 010942
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI OCT 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 52N149W 968 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS FROM 
40N TO 60N BETWEEN 134W AND 167W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N150W 955 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND E 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 21 TO 32 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N152W 962 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
E AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 60 KT. SEAS 20 TO 30 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 
FT. ALSO N OF 50N BETWEEN 135W AND 168W...AND N OF 58N BETWEEN 
168W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 61N163W 986 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 
420 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...AND N OF 60N W OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 46N173W 1004 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
AND 420 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N153W 994 MB. FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 
145W AND 163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N142W 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
44N BETWEEN 132W AND 147W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N168E 1006 MB MOVING E 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
420 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N178W 1005 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N156W 1000 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N172E 1012 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND 300 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N168W 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 166E AND 160E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 53N BETWEEN 
143W AND 149W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.HIGH 36N169W 1025 MB MOVING 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N146W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 35N172E 1024 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N178W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N162W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 43N165E 1023 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 45N131W 1018 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 03.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 118W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N E OF 128W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 100W AND 115W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
15N E OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SW 
AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 90W AND 112W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
15N BETWEEN 88W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED SW AND NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 13N134W 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N W OF 128W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 15N 
W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES DISSIPATED. S OF 15N W OF 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. N OF 15N W 
OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL... 
HIGHEST NW PART. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE 30N120W TO 15N130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.

.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0845 UTC FRI OCT 01...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N114W TO 08N124W TO 
13N134W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 132W AND 138W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.